Are you missing one or more permanent teeth? Do you yearn to have an attractive, fully functional smile once again? Ask Drs. Dintcho and Shapira how a dental implant in San Francisco, California, can assist you.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a restoration that replaces both the root and the visual part of a missing tooth. Dental implants are made up three parts. A titanium screw, called an implant, is placed into the jawbone, where it fuses with the bone. In this way, the dental implant becomes a permanent part of your smile. A porcelain dental crown is placed on top of the implant screw. An abutment connects these two pieces.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages to choosing dental implants for your smile. Dental implants:
– Do not require the alteration of healthy teeth
– Restore the ability to eat and speak properly
– Restore the appearance of your smile
– Are very durable and can last for years, or even a lifetime
– Can restore your ability to eat and speak properly
If you have any questions about dental implants or if you would like to schedule a visit with our dentists, please contact Union Street Dental Care at 415-922-3886 today.