Are your daily habits hurting your oral health? Your daily activities could be wreaking havoc on your teeth and gums without you even knowing it. The more you do to protect yourself from the ravages of tooth decay, the better off your teeth and gums will be. If you are engaging in any daily habits that may be bad for your oral hygiene, it would be wise to replace them with a safer, healthier alternative. Below is a list of a few pitfalls you may have fallen into:
- Do you play contact sports without a mouth guard?
- Do you ever chew on ice cubes?
- Do you grind your teeth when you sleep?
- Do you ever chew on pens, pencils, or other objects?
- Do you ever have snacks in between meals?
- Do you ever open things with your teeth?
- Do you drink sports drinks or processed juices?
- Do you have a tongue piercing?
- Do you ever chew on hard candy?
- Are you a binge eater?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, your habits may be damaging your teeth. If you answered no to all ten questions, congratulations! You are on the right track to excellent oral hygiene.
If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your teeth, please make an appointment by contacting our team at Union Street Dental Care by calling 415-922-3886. You can also stop by our office in San Francisco, California.