Do you have a cavity that is untreated that needs to be filled? When deciding what type of filling you should consider, it is important to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each. If the cavity is larger, amalgams have been shown to hold up longer over time. However, there are plenty of other benefits to composite fillings:
– Durability: Composites can last nearly a decade.
– Safety: Unlike amalgams, composites do not contain mercury.
– Size: Composites can be used on extremely small cavities, which were previously too difficult to effectively fill with amalgams.
– Stronger: Composites can stand up to stronger forces that can cause a tooth fracture.
– Functionality: Composites can be repaired multiple times without removing the original filling.
– Color: Composites can be customized to match the natural color of your teeth.
– Leak-free: Composites can seal the margins between the tooth and gums much better than amalgams can.
Are composite fillings right for you? Do you have a filling that needs replacing? If the answer is yes, or you would like to know more about composite fillings, please make an appointment with Dr. Stanley Dintcho by contacting our Union Street Dental Care staff at 415-922-3886. You can also stop by our office in San Francisco, California. We will have you smiling again in no time!